Are you an active person who loves coordinating, planning, and executing fun activities for youth? Then this position might be right for you! Uganda, also known as the Pearl of Africa, is a place on the equator where you will find the beginning of the Nile River, Lake Victoria, and a temperate climate, but also vulnerable teenage girls who have dropped out of elementary school. Poverty, poor education, and a broken infrastructure coupled with an enormous lack of opportunity have left many Ugandan teen girls without an education and without hope for a future.
The New Life Ministry Center has recently been constructed in the heart of this impoverished region. At New Life, we give teen girls a second chance at life through education, skills training, and sharing the hope of Christ with them. We have a wonderful staff, both nationals and missionaries, that teach and run this ministry. One of the new areas of need is an activities director for these girls who are now boarding at the new ministry center. This person would work closely with Ugandan Staff to organize evening and weekend activities for 48 boarding school girls. Activities might include clubs, games, sports, drama, dance, gardening, handicrafts, music, small group and one on one discipleship.
If you have dreamed of becoming a Goer and the possibility of serving God in this way excites you, plus you are energetic, self-motivated, and you love people; then please apply! The teen girls in Uganda need you! If this is you, then you would be living in a rural location with other missionaries on the missionary housing compound adjacent to the New Life Ministry Center. New missionaries can also expect to be mentored and guided as they enter into full time ministry by the other missionaries on the team. Come and join this growing ministry and see what God is up to in Uganda!
Goers serving in this pioneering ministry need to:
• Be a mature believer and follower of Jesus Christ
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree
• Be able to “feed” yourself spiritually and exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit
• Have a love for the lost, the church, and for their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ
• Be able to work well with others
• Be teachable
• Be flexible
• Be able to live in a rural area and work cross-culturally with people from the villages
• Have experience working in ministry (volunteering at church, leading Bible studies, etc.)
• Have a strong Biblical background (Been in the church and Bible studies for many years or have Biblical training, degree no required)
• Hold the ministry philosophy that we are to come alongside and teach and equip local nationals so that they may continue the work to their own people without us
• Agree to our Statement of faith.