Santiago is located in the region of Galicia, the home of a distinct people, language, and geography that come together to create a unique culture. Santiago is the seat of the regional government, the home to an influential university, and a significant incubator of arts and culture.
For centuries, Santiago has been the destination of people walking the Camino de Santiago searching for answers, connection, and hope. Our work is Integrated Community Transformation in the heart of Santiago. We long to experience the Kingdom of God in our everyday lives, on earth as it is in heaven. We do this by joining others in their work and investing in what God has already created them to do so they can share it with others. We engage in community development alongside our local non-profit where we seek to love our neighbor through mental, physical, and spiritual means. We are sustainably integrating business with community impact so that the body of Christ can live out the way of Jesus alongside others.
The Community Project Coordinator plays a pivotal role in planning, executing, and monitoring community-based projects that contribute to the overall well-being and development of our community. This community development opportunity is for a proactive and organized individual with a strong passion for community empowerment and positive impact to be an integral part of the history and present culture of the expressions of the church and its emerging forms in hope of seeing movements of reconciliation and renewal among the people of Santiago. Through your work, you will have the space to explore the purpose for which you are here in this moment of history, how you can celebrate the culture you are in, and begin to discover your place in God’s kingdom.
- Project Design & Implementation:
- Work closely with community members, stakeholders, and experts to identify community needs and develop project plans that align with the organization's goals.
- Define project objectives, scope, key results, and timelines, ensuring clarity and feasibility.
- Coordinate and oversee all project activities, ensuring they are executed according to the approved project plan.
- Mobilize and manage resources, including personnel, volunteers, materials, and budgets, to achieve project objectives.
Community Engagement & Empowerment:
- Foster strong relationships with community members, local organizations, government agencies, and partners to promote collaboration and support for project initiatives.
- Communicate project updates, milestones, and outcomes to stakeholders through regular meetings and reports.
- Facilitate community engagement and involvement throughout project phases, encouraging active participation, feedback, and ownership.
- Organize workshops, meetings, and focus groups to gather input and ensure projects align with community aspirations.
- Identify and provide training opportunities for community members to enhance their skills, knowledge, and leadership in project-related areas.
- Develop and manage project budgets, tracking expenses, and ensuring responsible financial management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify potential funding sources and assist in grant writing or fundraising efforts to secure project funding.
- Bachelor's degree in Community Development, Project Management, Social Sciences, or a related field is preferable.
- Experience in community project coordination, stakeholder engagement, or community development.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse community members and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in budget management, resource allocation, and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies, monitoring, and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Familiarity with grant writing and fundraising strategies (preferred).
- Cultural sensitivity and a deep understanding of community dynamics and needs.
- Commitment to social impact and community empowerment.
- Have or complete C1-level Spanish